• 1 farm chicken cut into pieces
• 12 dates
• 3 onions
• 2 tablespoons of liquid honey
• The juice of a lemon
• ½ teaspoon powdered cumin
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
• 80 g blanched almonds
• 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
• 4 tablespoons of oil
• 8 sprigs of fresh coriander
• Salt pepper
Stone the dates. Peel the onions and cut into slices.
Heat the oil in a casserole. Put the pieces of chicken to brown, then drain and set aside.
In their place, melt the onions for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Then add dates, honey, lemon juice, spices, salt and pepper, stir and put the chicken in the pan or put everything in a tajine dish). Wet with 20 cl of water, cover and let simmer 30 min.
Meanwhile, slightly brown the almonds and sesame in a frying pan.
5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the almonds and sesame.
Sprinkle with chopped coriander at the last moment.
Serve very hot.